After participating in this unique weekend training, you will have acquired the following tools, knowledge and skills:
- A relevant understanding of the human body: joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons, as it relates to BJJ-complementing activity
- Being able to help people individually with optimizing alignment and structural integrity in various poses/positions
- A radically better approach to warmups and complementary training to BJJ than the current average
- An early competitive edge on the instructor market, as yoga/movement/mobility for sports is likely to grow big in the near future
- The basic do’s and don’ts of teaching group classes
Completing this course will enable you to:
- Teach a full, hour long YogaforBJJ class at any (enlightened) BJJ academy
- Hold world class warm ups, relevant to any BJJ (or martial arts) class
- Instruct much-needed post training cooldowns and stretching routines
- Hold themed classes and warmups for Hip, shoulder and spinal mobility, which can (and should) be tailored to the theme of the following BJJ techniques
- Kick-start your own yoga practice, to learn the fundamentals and the nuances of the practice.
As a gratuity, and to support you in your further development as a teacher, you will also receive the following:
- A one year free subscription to yogaforbjj.net
- Discount on future teacher trainings, courtesy of being generation 1 students
- Template classes on video, to make your instructor life easier in the very beginning
- A free YogaforBJJ rash guard, and patches for your Gi
- Your name listed as an official teacher on yogaforbjj.net/teachers **
- Membership to the private facebook group for YogaforBJJ instructors, where we will share and learn from each other.
**In order to be listed on the website as an official YogaforBJJ instructor, you will be required to study at home after the course, and send a video of your own practice and teaching, to prove your incorporation and embodiment of the skills learned.
As a gym owner, YogaforBJJ is a good long term investment for your gym, as regular classes will:
- Decrease the occurrence of injuries
- Keep your members coming to the gym even when they have time off Jiu-Jitsu
- Offer a nice alternative to partners and relatives who have not yet started BJJ
- Improve general athletic performance and thus indirectly raise the level of Jiu-Jitsu at the academy
- Give a more professional overall impression to all students: “This gym takes mobility and athleticism seriously, and we are willing to invest for the long term by offering YogaforBJJ”
The following are the minimum requirements for you to participate:
- Three years of BJJ experience**
- A blue belt, received from a registered BJJ black belt.***
- An open mind (A positive attitude towards learning new skills)
- A humble and friendly attitude towards your fellow course participants.
**If you, for example, are a very experienced group class leader, and have relevant movement experience (capoeira, break dance or equivalent), lack any of the listed requirements, but are eager to join and learn, please contact me on email@example.com and explain your situation.
***If you are not planning to teach YogaforBJJ, but are interested in this course for your own practice and development, you are welcome to join without the relevant prerequisites.
PREPARATION FOR THE COURSE:
You are kindly asked to prepare before this weekend, bringing an as comprehensive list as possible of questions and inquiries, as this radically improves your learning experience, and being well prepared and having sorted your thoughts out well in advance will increase the quality of your education.
The weekend will include an unusual amount of physical exercise, please prepare accordingly.
Please note that Yoga practice and teaching skills are not learned over a weekend, but is acquired by a lot of practice, trial and error, over a longer period of time. This weekend will give you the skills to make that process significantly faster and more efficient.
Please choose the event above that is specific to your interest for further details!